Home About Contact

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicken curry


                    Finally there's another dish I can add to the menu in my kitchen.

We were in the grocery earlier and saw curry powder. I've always wanted to try cooking curry but a bit nervous I won't be able to pull it off. I went ahead anyway and started making dinner as soon as we were home. My husband actually finished most of it! Now I can't stop grinning.
Here's how I do it:

 Ingredients:
 1/2 kl. chicken breasts
 2 cups coconut milk
 3 cloves garlic
 1 small onion
 2 pcs. carrots, quartered
 3 pcs. potatoes, quartered
 1 pc. red bell pepper
 1 pc. medium ginger, cut into strips
 1/2 tsp. salt
 1/2 tsp. pepper, optional
 1 tbsp. fish sauce, optional

 How to make:
 1 Fry potatoes & carrots. Set aside.
 2 Sautee garlic, onion, ginger, bell peppers and chicken
 3 Add coconut milk. Simmer for 5 mins. & stir occassionally
 4 Season with patis, salt & pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails