Home About Contact

Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lolo @ the museum

                               I like that it's spacious, airy and well-kept.

The Aerospace Museum is a modern, two-storey building inside the Villamor Airbase in Pasay. Looking from the outside, you wouldn't guess that remnants of the world war 2 aircrafts & machinery were being showcased in its original form. It also has a theater, auditorium & library inside. I have been there twice and it still feels a bit eerie looking at replicas of soldiers in the war. It reminds me of those war movies that I never really like to watch. Except for the curator in the lobby & some people in the conference room, most of the time it was just me and my husband looking around the entire area.

                      My husband's grandfather among the frontliners of aviation

I have never really met my husband's paternal grandfather, he passed away when my husband was just a kid, but looking at the framed pics in the walls of the museum gave me a strange but warm feeling. I feel a new sense of respect for the man who was among the frontliners of wartime aviation before he has gone on to become a commercial pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails