Home About Contact

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Home-made barbecue


                    Indoor barbecue. We have to put off swimming but not this.

My husband and I were all set for an outdoor barbecue and a quick swim in the pool outside the apartment earlier. By the time we were about to leave the building though, it was scorching hot and I remember I don't even have a sunblock. We ended up having an indoor barbecue instead. It wasn't as fun as a picnic outside but I wasn't too crazy about getting sunburned either. It can wait... Will go swimming late afternoon instead. Oh I just lurve summer.

 Ingredients:
 1 kilo pork, cut into strips
 5 cloves garlic
 1 medium onion
 5 pcs. calamansi
 3 tsp.brown sugar
 1 tsp. ground pepper
 15-20 bamboo skewers
 1/2 cup sprite soda (optional)
  4 tbsp. tomato ketchup (optional)

 How to make:
 1 Marinate pork in soy sauce, garlic, onion, calamansi, sugar & ground pepper. Mix thoroughly. 
 2 You may add ketchup in the mixture. I prefer mine without.
 3 Add sprite (this adds flavor & makes the meat tender)
 4 Soak the bamboo skewers in water to keep it from burning
 5 Place pork strips in skewers
 6 Place on top of outdoor/indoor grill. Make sure to turn each side every few minutes to cook evenly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails