Home About Contact

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My little kitchen

It doesn't matter whether it's a little space in a small apartment or a spacious room in a modern house, every kitchen should be clean and organized.

We live in a small two-bedroom condo so my kitchen is restricted to a cupboard, counter & cooking area. We don't have a household help either so I do all the dirty jobs- scrubbing, cleaning & disinfecting, to make it as clean & efficient as I can. I couldn't imagine myself happily working in a messy & cluttered counter. I learned everything from dad, I guess. I don't want to make it sound like a lecture but well, I hope you could pick up a thing or two from these pointers:

* Use separate chopping boards for the meat & veggies or fruits. Bacteria thrive in raw meat.
* Use a handsoap before handling food, raw or cooked.
* Personally, I throw used oil right away. I am not into using it again.
* It helps to soak your utensils in warm water every once in a while.
* Clean your fridge at least once a week and throw away rotting contents.
* Place charcoal in containers and have them in the fridge & kitchen counter to absorb the smell.
* Get a spray bottle and dilute lysol with water. It can be used to disinfect the stove top, sink as well as tables.
* Change your handtowel & dishrag regularly.
* It's not necessary but it would be nice to use a room spray with a yummy scent in the kitchen once in a while.
* Have an organized pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails