Home About Contact

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pinoy beef steak or bistek tagalog

I ran out of things to cook earlier so I rummaged the fridge for ideas & decided to make beef steak instead.

Sometimes I make the menu for the entire week to make grocery shopping a breeze and my life more organized. I know it's a lot easier to just dine out or thrive on fastfood and take-outs since there are only two of us in the house but for some strange reason, I'd still really rather feed my husband something I made from scratch and not be restricted to a restaurant's menu.
I never had any inclination to whip up something in the kitchen until I got married 8 months ago. Or perhaps it's also a matter of need. If I don't cook, my husband and I will go hungry and who wants a hungry spouse? Here's the bistek recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 kl. beef, thinly sliced
4 tbsps. soy sauce
3 pcs. calamansi
1/2 cup water
1 large onion
1 tbsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic

How to make:
1 Marinate beef in soy sauce, calamansi & pepper
2 Sautee garlic in oil
3 Add beef
4 Add water & simmer for about 10 mins. or until meat becomes tender
5 Garnish with onion rings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails